Best hard drive for PS4 you can buy in 2018
The world has changed and everything in the world has changed. Same is the case with PlayStation. Days are gone when games were not of very high quality. Yes, the games were really interesting in the past on PlayStation but nowadays everything has changed. Games these days on PlayStation are of really high quality and for these games, a person surely needs more space and for that, we need PlayStation hard drive. The case of PlayStation is same as that of your personal computers. Everyone uses hard discs for computers and we also need hard drives for PlayStation. Top 10 ps4 games are really cool and everyone you would want to add a new game to your collection and for that, you need PlayStation hard drive.
What is the need of a best hard drive for PS4?
If you are having a high end PS4 then chances are pretty high that you are always crammed up for space. You need more and more space all the time. An active gamers’ life is more of fun and frolic if we see it from gamers’ point of view. Your PlayStation system is a resource crunching machine and the same stands true for the hard drive as well. The more space you have, the more space you need. It’s an unending chain wherein you need to upgrade your hard disk every now and then. Well, it won’t be that frequent but yes, the need will be there. Your top AAA games need more storage space than you can think. And once you exhaust your space then you need to get some extra space, which is possible by getting yourself a hard disk.
You need to get an awesome hard drive for yourself if you wish to enjoy your PS4 play experience. There are in fact a large variety of drives available out there in the market. You need to make a wise choice as per your need and budget. You don’t need to spend big bucks on buying a hard drive for yourself but still emphasis should be more on quality. Eventually quality will supersede over any other aspect you may be having in your mind. So what’s your criterion for buying a hard drive for your PS4? Definitely space is the first and foremost criteria when you are buying a hard drive for your PS4. Second criteria which most of the gamers consider while buying hard drive for themselves is money. If you go for best drive, then it might be costly and may not suit your pocket. If you are a hardcore then definitely you should go for costly hard drives.
Best PS4 external hard drive
WD My passport 4 Tb portable hard drive
This is one of the best external hard drive for PS4. The most important thing is that it offers a lot of pros and cons are really less. It is really popular in market. If you are PlayStation freak you just need to go out and buy this hard drive because you would not resist yourself if we compile its pros.
- You can storage massive amount of data without a doubt as it offers 4TB. Now just go for more and more games.
- Price is really affordable. Recently prices were reduced by retailers and you just need for a kill for this hard drive.
- Most importantly it has got great transfer speeds. You can move large amount of data or games from your PS4 to other one in very short amount of time.
- Variety is other important pro. It is available in lot of colours.
The only very significant con is that it is not as fast as SSD. But for that you surely need to spend more money.
Samsung SSD T5 500 GB
If you own this hard drive what else you need. It is out of world hard drive for your PlayStation. If you want a great PlayStation hard drive then you really need to own this. Very specifically speaking it is the best hard drive for your PlayStation that you can own.
- Very large storage capacity. If you want to play and experience best games in PlayStation then you need great storage space and this hard drive will really fulfill your needs as you are technically getting 500 GB for storage and that is really great storage space.
- Yes it is SSD. That means really fast loading. If you want to save time on loading and other things like moving stuff out from the PlayStation or moving stuff into the PlayStation then you surely need this.
The con is a significant one. It is not a technical con but it is still a con. The disadvantage is related to financial overhead. The cost is really high. You need a significant amount of money to buy this hard drive.
Seagate STEB6000403 6Tb HDD
When you are offered 6 TB you say oh sure yes why not. This is a great PlayStation hard drive for you if you want the best experience on PlayStation and also want to add more and more games to your collection of PlayStation.
- The space offered is 6TB. You just cannot ask for more. If you own this then all your needs will be fulfilled. You can add more and more games to your PlayStation collection and you will never feel low on the storage side. That is what technically a PlayStation freak needs.
- Yes the price is also great and it is affordable in accordance with the specifications you are getting. You just cannot ask for more.
The problem is same that of a speed issue. The speed is slow and it would take time if you are moving stuff in or out of the PlayStation. It is HDD and that is way the speed is on the lower side.
Adata SD700 SSD
It is surely a great hard drive to own. There are so perks related with this hard drive. It is available in market and is currently on offer. You just cannot miss out on such great stuff. You must this one away to your home.
- Offers SDD storage. This is most important thing a person needs these days. The read speeds are really very fast and that is what you need most specifically in a PlayStation.
- There are so other perks. Like it is waterproof. Also it is dust proof and shock proof. So it is technically a tough made and it is very durable as well.
- It is currently on offer. That is why price is very genuine. Price is really low as compared to other SSDs.
It offers low storage than regular HDDs but the storage is not very low. It is just little bit less. Other things also must be looked into.
Toshiba 1 Tb Canvio Basics
It is basically a great deal. This PlayStation hard drive offers great return on investment. The price is really low. Basically it is a kind of budget deal and a PlayStation needs this. If you are kind of short on budget you just need this and nothing else.
- We can say transfer speeds are pretty decent in accordance with the price of this PlayStation hard drive.
- The main point is its budget price. You will not find such a great price anywhere else. It is just a take away thing. You just cannot resist because of its price. It is best for you if price is a issue for you.
The disadvantage is with loading speed as it is HDD storage. Also storage space is really low. But it is just a budget thing.
BEST PS4 INTERNAL HARD DRIVES
The PlayStation 4 or ps4 is the hard drive introduced in the market by the electronic major Sony in competition to Nintendo’s Wii U and Switch in Japan and Xbox One of Microsoft. But it has been agreed by the PlayStation enthusiasts about the substandard quality and poor performance of Playstation4. The technical specialists have found that ps4 is slow small and now obsolete.
That is the reason it has become inevitable to replace the hard drive of the ps4 with a new advanced and technically more suitable hard drive which may meet the expectation of the game lovers. By replacing the hard drive of ps4 with an updated latest hard drive of will make the experience of the gaming enthusiasts much satisfying. Many benefits come along with choosing an advance hard drive like playing games online or remotely.
The ps4 contains a mechanical hard drive as the primary storage device that is HGST Travelstar Z5K500 configured with SATA II.
So now let us see which are the best options available now for ps4 Internal HDD upgrade. Here, we will present the technical specifications and pros and cons of the latest and the best ps4 Internal Hard Drives.
Seagate Firecuda 2tb Gaming SSHD
The drive belongs to the SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) category. Though SDD (Solid State Drive) has the most superior performance but it has a SATA III interface. But ps4 has a SATA II interface. In this case SSHD is recommended which gives a conventional HDD memory of 2TB and near performance of SSD up to the tune of 80%. This give the used a vast storage space of 2TB and 8GB storage capacity of SSD.
Fastest 2.5 Inch PC compute and gaming Hard Drive in market, all within a thin 7mm z-height.
The 2TB capacity can store up to 80 games of 25GB each.
Flash-accelerated technology delivers up to 5 times faster load times for nonstop performance, play and productivity compared to standard HDD.
Adaptive Memory technology efficiently identifies frequently accessed data to allow quicker operations.
Multi-tier caching technology (mtc) boosts the performance, helping applications and files load faster (i.e. 128mb cache buffer in the 1st tier and 8 gb NAND SSD memory in the 2nd tier).
SATA III interface
5400rpm spindle speed
5-year limited warranty
Seagate Firecuda 2.5-inch Gaming SSHD comes in 3 different sizes: 500 gb, 1 tb and 2 tb.
Full Upgrade Kit
, in addition to the above drive ,it consists of a complete upgrade kit like “Fantom Drives PS4 Hard Drive Upgrade Kit” that includes, everything needed for a hassle-free upgrade process.
- It is much cheaper than a SSD.
- It is light weight.
- Can fit into 7mm and 9.mm configuration laptop.
- The security can be enhanced to a premium level.
- The performance is not as good as SSD.
- Uses obsolete architecture.
Seagate 2TB Laptop HDD ST2000LM007
2TB model weighs just 90 grams and is 7mm thick. That is 25% lighter than the competitor model. It can fit into any laptop designed for SATA drives. It can survive an operating shock of up to 400Gs and non-operating loading of 1000Gs.
It costs less than £100.
In terms of security, the Mobile HDD comes standard with Trust Computing Group (TCG) Opal protocol and Instant Secure Erase Technology.
- 2TB (ST2000LM007)
- Halogen Free
- Cache: 128MB
- Max Sustainable Transfer Rate: 140MB/s
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Power Management
- Average Operating Power: 1.7W
- Idle Average (W): 0.5W
- Standby/Sleep Mode: 0.6W/0.6W
- Temperature, Operating: 0ºC~60ºC
- Temperature, NonOperating: -40ºC~70ºC
- Shock, Operating/NonOperating, 2ms/1ms (max): 400Gs/1000Gs
- Idle (typical): 2.4bels
- Operational (typical): 2.6bels
- Load/Unload Cycles: 600,000
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max: 1 per 10E14
- Annualized Failure Rate (AFR): 0.48%
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 7.00mm x 69.85mm x 100.35mm (0.276in x 2.750in x 3.951in)
- Weight: 90g (0.198lb)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Low cost
- Offers slim design and slightly faster performance than prior 2TB HDDs
- Likely limited to capacity or secondary drive use cases based on performance.
Seagate 2TB laptop HDD ST2000LM007
Seagate Laptop SSHD Specifications
- Form factor: 9.5mm (7mm for 500GB)
- Model Name: Laptop SSHD
- Capacities: 1TB, 500GB
- Standard Model: ST1000LM014
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) Model: ST1000LM015
- SED-FIPS 140-2 Model: ST1000LM028
- Interface: SATA 6.0/3.0/1.5Gb/s NCQ
- Performance Versus 2.5-in. 5400-RPM/7200-RPM HDD:
- Windows 7 Boot Time: 35% Faster/25% Faster
- Applications Load Test: 450% Faster/300% Faster
- Game Load Test: 140% Faster/50% Faster
- Heads/Disks: 4/2
- Bytes per Sector: 4096
- Power Supply Requirements: +5V
- Reliability/Data Integrity:
- Head-Rest Method: QuietStep Ramp Load
- Load/Unload Cycles: 600,000
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max: 1 per 10E15
- Predicted Annualized Failure Rate (AFR): 0.48%
- Power Management
- Power, Seek, Typical (W): 2.7
- Power, Idle, Typical (W): 0.9
- Temperature, Operating (°C): 0 to 60
- Temperature, Nonoperating (°C): −40 to 70
- Shock, Operating: 2ms (Gs): 350
- Shock, Nonoperating: 1ms (Gs): 1000
- Acoustics, Idle, Typical (bels—sound power): 2.2
- Acoustics, Seek, Typical (bels—sound power): 2.7
- Height (mm/in, max), Standard and SED Models: 9.5/0.374
- Height (mm/in, max), FIPS Model: 9.5/0.374
- Width (mm/in, max): 69.85/2.75
- Depth (mm/in, max): 100.35/3.95
- Weight (g/lb): 115 /0.25 4
- Limited Warranty (years): 3
- It is much cheaper than a SSD.
- Best of both speed and capacity in a 2.5 inch form factor.
- Fits in well in most of the mounting conditions.
- Throughput shows the Seagate 1TB with 252.59 IOPS in write.
- The 4K write latency for Seagate 1TB SSHD had a leading average latency of just 3.954ms while max latency hit 1,417.754ms.
- Seagate 1TB SSHD has an initial IOPS of 58.63 and a terminal IOPS of 106.63.
- It has just 99.37MB/s read and 99.54MB/s write.
- The random transfer performance is down at 43.03MB/s compared to other competitor.
- In smaller 4K random transfers, the Seagate 1TB recorded reads and write of 0.197MB/s and 0.986MB/s respectively.
Samsung 860 EVO Specifications
Form factor: 2.5-inch
Interface: SATA: 6 Gbps
NAND: Samsung 3D V-NAND 3bit MLC
Capacities: 4TB, 2TB, 1TB, 500GB, 250GB
Cache: 1GB LPDDR4 (1TB)
Controller: Samsung MJX Controller
- Read/Write Speed: Up to 550/520MB/s
- Read/Write Speed (QD32): Max. 98K IOPS / 90K IOPS
- Device Sleep: 6 mW for 1TB (Up to 8mW for 4TB)
- Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
TBW (Endurance): 1TB: 600 TBW
Warranty: 5 years or up to 2,400 TBW
- Much more power efficient
- Silky smooth operation as system drives
- 3 year warranty
- Competitive price
- Performance is lacking in consumer benchmarks.
- RAPID mode is available in Windows only.
- The lower capacity M.2. SSD decreases the writing performance when pushed very hard.
- No PCIe support hence will not work in many motherboards.
Western digital Black 6TB WD6001FZWX
WD Black 6TB Specifications
- Model number: WD6001FZWX
- Interface SATA 6 Gb/s
- Formatted capacities: 6TB, 5TB, 4TB, 3TB
- Form factor: 3.5-inch
- Advanced Format (AF)
- RoHS compliant
- Data transfer rate (max)
- Buffer to host: 6 Gb/s
- Host to/from drive (sustained): 218MB/s
- Cache (MB): 128
- Rotational speed (RPM): 7200
- Reliability/Data Integrity
- Load/unload cycles: 300,000
- Non-recoverable read errors per bits read: <1 in 1014
- Power Management:
- Average power requirements (W):
- Read/Write: 10.6
- Idle: 7.6
- Standby/Sleep: 1.6
- Average power requirements (W):
- Environmental Specifications:
- Temperature (°C):
- Operating: 5 to 55
- Non-operating: -40 to 70
- Shock (Gs):
- Operating (2 ms, write): 30
- Operating (2 ms, read): 65
- Non-operating (2 ms): 300
- Temperature (°C):
- Acoustics (dBA):
- Idle: 31
- Seek (average): 34
- Limited warranty (years): 5
- Overall performance is much better compared to the previous model.
- 50% storage capacity boost over pthe revious generation model.
- A good combination of price/performance/capacity.
- Ranked under the 4TB in some of the workloads
So here we have discussed about list of top quality and best hard drives for PS4. So we hope from these hard drives you will find best hard drive for you PS4 for expand its storage capacity and enjoy the experience of Gaming. With this Hard drive you can install your Favorite game without long delay.